Sunday, June 13, 2010

Nothing Beats $3 Sangrias

I love deals and make it a point to search for the best ones wherever I go.  Well, I seem to be the queen of happy hour deals around town.  Compared to NYC, Tampa dining is a steal.  The happy hour specials I've run into makes me even more giddy with joy.



The other day, a friend and I met at Ceviche Tapas Bar & Restaurant.  This place is legendary in the area, but no one can top the $3.00 sangrias (red or white, your choice).  Seriously, I was swooning with happiness when I saw the menu at the bar.  There are a ton of yummy tapas selections for the happy hour specials, but my favorite is the fried calamari.  Next to that is the pappas bravas, which are basically fried potatoes.  The best part?  The prices are around $3.50 - $5.00.

If you come here after happy hour, stay for the flemenco dancing.  See the stage pictured above?  There's live music played there frequently.  My friend even told me that every Thursday is reggae night.  Fun!


Not bad for a tapas portion, right?  I apologize for the crappy pictures above.  Alas, I took them after I started on the sangria.  I promise to take better ones next time ;-)

What's the best happy hour special in your town?

2 comments:

  1. Those are some great deals!

    Here are some of our happy hours.

    I don't get to happy hour often because I usually work until 6 or 6:30. By the time I drive to the place, happy hour is over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mouth is watering Weemz! Thanks for sharing your happy hour deals. It just reminds me how much I really need to head to your town.

    ReplyDelete