Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Crispy Rice Cupcakes

I found this recipe in Paula Deen's latest issue of Best Desserts.  Mr. J's 'rents were coming to town in the afternoon and I thought I would make some treats.  I liked them but Mr. J said they were just ok.  He's not a big fan of rice crispy treats in general though.  Hopefully you like them!


Ingredients:
6 tablespoons butter
2 (10.5 oz) packages of mini marshmallows OR 2 (7 oz) jars of marshmallow crème
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 (12 oz) box crispy rice cereal
3 (2 oz) bottles of multicolored sprinkles (I only bought 2)
1 (16 oz) package of chocolate flavored candy coating, melted



Spray 18 muffin cups w/ nonstick cooking spray. 

In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium low heat.  Add marshmallows and cook, stirring constantly, until melted and smooth.  Remove from heat; stir in peanut butter and vanilla.

Add cereal and 2 bottles of sprinkles, stirring gently until combined. 



Using greased hands, press mixture evenly into prepared muffin cups, mounding mixture into a cupcake shape. I hate getting my hands dirty, even when I bake. So, I used two large serving spoons to scoop the mix into 2 muffin pans and 1 mini muffin pan.


Cool for at least 1 hour. Remove cupcakes from pans.

Dip tops of cupcakes in melted candy coating immediately top with remaining sprinkles. I was too lazy to coat the treats in chocolate this time.

Substitutions: For a salty-sweet combination, sprinkle finely crushed potato chips or chopped roasted peanuts over Crispy Rice Cupcakes instead of colored sprinkles.


How do you like to eat your rice crispy treat?

No comments:

Post a Comment