Sunday, July 25, 2010

Datz a Sandwich!

Mr. J and I had no idea what we wanted to eat today so we randomly chose Datz Deli.  The brunch at Datz is infamous around town and we decided early enough to try and beat the crowds.  Alas, we weren't that early since we still had to wait 20 minutes to get a table.  That was fine since I took a look around their little market and bought a few things.  I also discovered that there is a coffee roaster in St. Petersburg and the coffee taste great.



This is what I see as soon as I walk in the door: Squeee!!!!!!!!!!



The first thing I noticed in the case of chocolates below is the bacon and chocolate toffee.  Who sees that standout among the yummy macarons besides me?  I was drooling all over the case BEFORE brunch, so I decided to buy a piece to savor at home.  Mr. J said it was just ok and I agree.  One day I will create something of my own, with crispy bacon.  It shouldn't be too hard, right? 


Of course, I also bought a chocolate and vanilla macaron to accompany my bacon treat :-)


We initially ordered the Datz Hash (corned beef hash with a bunch of sides) and some turkey sandwich that Mr. J wanted to try.  Alas, they ran out of the Hash so I chose the beef brisket instead.  The sandwich came w/ cole slaw and potato chips and a blue cheese aoili dip.  Yummy!



Mr. J loved the turkey sandwich.  I tasted a piece and it was actual fresh turkey slices, not slimy cold cuts.  Love!


I can't wait to go back and try the actual brunch menu.  There was also a short and sweet happy hour menu that Iw ould love to try as well.  'Til next time, Datz!

On a totally unrelated note, I am going to redesign the blog with a new and easier to remember web address.  Please stay tuned and I hope you will follow me at the new address.

No comments:

Post a Comment